Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wake up in Amman

We are both astonished. 12+ hours sleeping! I got up at 3 pm local time. Vonnie even later. I started to walk to a “nearby” bank, returned to get bank-card. Took pedestrian bridge over Queen Alia street to be on other side. Two police found a man who spoke some English. Directed me around next corner. Found the bank on Queen Noor St. Took 300 JDN from checking. Crossed over street by the bus stops.
Discovered my shirt was covered in sweat spots (must have been ugly to the cool looking Jordanians – women covered head to toe and looking cool as cucumbers.) And of course my hair was an uncombed tousle, since we had no brush or comb and I needed the money to buy a brush.
Using the brush improved our sociability :-) and obviously we discovered the wireless hotspot in the lobby.
When we entered the lobby there was a wonderfully dressed man in desert clothing, full-beard, keffiyah head cover. Vonnie thought he looked upon her disapprovingly, but I guessed he just wanted to be modest with his eyes.
After the flying feast from last night, we haven't been hungry - but that will come next when this is done.
Blessings on Milton Adventist and Blue Mountain Valley. You are so kind to let us do this amazing thing.

1 comment:

Heather Ann said...

What a picture - you walking around Jordan with uncombed hair! ^_^ I'm glad you guys are having a good time!